Faculty members of this department specialize in natural science, physical education, humanities, social science, or linguistic science. Through research and research practices in their areas of expertise, the members connect this university, which specializes in veterinary medicine and animal science, with people and society at large. They teach primarily Transitional Education courses, aiming to develop healthy, well-educated individuals with an international perspective.
- Department of Human Sciences
- Division of Natural Sciences and Physical Education
- Division of Humanities, Social Sciences and Linguistic Sciences
Division of Natural Sciences and Physical Education, Section of Natural Sciences and Physical Education
HIRATA MasahiroProfessorTheme1)Study of milk culture in the Afro-urasian Continent
2)Study of milk culture in Japan
3)Elucidation of the significance of milk culture in the human history
4)Study of flock management and subsistence of pastoralists in arid areas
5)Regional revitalization through dairy farming
6)Study of forest ecology and forest restoration in the urban park "Obihiro no Mori"
KOJIMA MichiyukiProfessorThemeElcidation of the relationship between polyphenol composition and functionality and development of processed food with improved functionality
ITADANI AtsushiAssociate ProfessorThemeStudy on the development of inorganic solid material with new function
CHUMA IzumiAssociate Professor
MURATA KoichiroAssociate ProfessorThemeTo investigate sustainable manegement methods of regional communities
ESASHIKA KunihikoAssociate ProfessorThemeBuilding a new play style from game analysis of soft tennis
Verification of traditional instruction methods in soft tennis and development of an instruction method suited to the characteristic of each player
TOKUJI YoshihikoAssociate ProfessorThemeResearches in our laboratory are mainly focus on three perspectives as follows which based on the keywords of “Food and Genomics”.
· Explore the beneficial functions and/or components in foods that involve in health promotion through changes in gene expression.
· Identify the effect of foods, food components and their mechanism on improving the intestinal microbial composition and gut barrier function.
· Develop improved food crops through modulating the genes responsible for environmental responses or production of functional substances.
SAITO JunSenior Assistant ProfessorThemePractical and theoretical studies on active learning and learning analytics for the physics education
KAYANO MitsunoriSenior Assistant ProfessorThemeStatistical, bioinformatical, epidemiological methods for humans' health and animals’health and performance