Research student

Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine (OUAVM) requires international students, who do not have Japanese nationality, to take entrance examinations. They must follow application procedures and meet the following qualifications. Please refer to the admission guidelines for more details about the application procedures.

Requirements Undergraduate
Those who graduated from university, or who are recognized as having equivalent academic skills.
Those who completed a graduate school program, or recognized as having equivalent academic skills.
Application procedures
  1. Submit the documents below and pay the examination fee (¥9,800)
    1. Application form (OUAVM prescribed form )
    2. Resume/CV (with two 4 cm long, 3 cm wide portrait photos without a hat)
    3. Graduation diploma/completion certificate or expected-to-graduate/complete certificate of the school you last attended.
    4. If you are working, a written consent of the head of the workplace you belong to.
    5. If you are living in Japan and do not have Japanese nationality, a Certificate of Residence(Juminhyo, 住民票) or Certificate of Items Stated in Resident Register (Juminhyo Kisai Jiko Shomeisho, 住民票記載事項証明書) issued by the mayor that shows your status of residence.
  2. After the selection has been done, you will be informed of the results. Pay the tuition by the deadline.
  • Get consent from the instructor whom you want to be your supervising professor beforehand.
  • Send the admission form and resume/CV by email after a professor has agreed to be your supervisor.
  • Click here for information on the enrollment fee, tuition and overseas remittance.

*We do not accept direct applications from international students for the special auditor or the special research student.