Theme1) Inter-specific Crossing Barrier
2) Evaluation of Wild Potato Species for Resistance to Pest and Disease
3) Whole Transcriptome Analysis
I love riding a motorcycle, practicing martial arts, taking photos of nature, and running a lot.
|Room address||General Research Building II|
|Mail address||sanetomo obihiro.ac.jp|
BelongsResearch Department/Department of Agro-environmental Science/Division of Plant Production Science/Section of Plant Production ScienceCenter for Industry-University Collaboration/Potato Germplasm Enhancement Laboratory
List of current research topics
- Molecular basis of the EBN theory (confliction between maternally and paternally expressed genes in endosperm development)
- Introduction of late blight resistance from Mexican wild diploid species by breakdown of interspecific barriers using Sli gene
- Cytoplasmic Male sterility systems derived from S. stoloniferum mitochondria
- Association analysis for important agronomic traits
|Affiliated academic society||Japanese Society of Breeding, The Potato Association of America|
Ph.D. , The Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Kobe University, March 2012
Master of Agriculture, The Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Kobe University, March 2009
Bachelor of Agriculture, Faculty of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Sciences, Tottori University, March 2007
Assistant Professor (April 2013 – present)
Potato Germplasm Enhancement Laboratory
Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido.
Postdoctoral Research Associate (April 2012 – March 2013)
Potato Genetics Laboratory (endowed by Calbee Co., Ltd.), NARO Hokkaido Agricultural Research Center, Memuro, Hokkaido.
Research Associate (June 2011 - March 2012)
Potato Genetics Laboratory (endowed by Calbee Co., Ltd.), National Agricultural Research Center for Hokkaido Region, Memuro, Hokkaido.
Researcher (April 2010 – May 2011)
Breeding team, Calbee-Potato Co., Ltd, Memuro, Hokkaido.