My DreamRevealing complex genetic basis of several phenotypic variation in livestock animals
Research Center for Global Agromedicine/Department of Agriculture and Animal ScienceResearch Department/Department of Life and Food Sciences/Division of Animal Production/Section of Life Science
||Animal Breeding and Genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience
||Genetics, Genome, Chicken, Phenotype, Variation, Genomics, Mapping, Gene, Domestication, Behavior
Research topic is to understand genetic basis controlling phenotypic variation in livestock animals.
- "Genetic analysis for several traits in chickens": Searching for chromosomal regions affecting egg production and egg quality traits. To understand genetic mechanism underlying phenotypic diversity.
- "Population genomics in livestock animals": Revealing genomic signatures of selection in each breed population. Searching for genes affecting egg production by comparing the genomic differences between high and low populations of egg production traits.
- "Genomics for animal domestication": Searching for genetic variants affecting domestication-related traits by using domestic animals and their wild ancesters.
List of current research topics
- Genetic analysis for Mendelian traits and quantitative traits in chickens
- Population genomics in livestock animals
- Genomics and genetic analyses for animal domestication
- Genetic and environmental factors for egg-taste traits in chickens
|Affiliated academic society
||Jpanese Society of Animal Science, Japan Poultry Science Association, Japanese Society of Animal Breeding and Genetics, International Society for Animal Genetics, Society for Molecular Biology & Evolution
I am from Gifu city, Japan. Until now, my main research focus is genetic mapping of egg traits in chickens. My hobbies are playing soccer and running.
|Room address||General Research Building I|