GOTO Tatsuhiko Assistant Professor
ThemeResearches on genetic basis controlling phenotypic variation in livestock animals
My DreamRevealing complex genetic basis of several phenotypic variation in livestock animals
|Field||Animal Breeding and Genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience|
|Keyword||Genetics, Genome, Chicken, Phenotype, Variation, Genomics, Mapping, Gene, Domestication, Behavior|
Research topic is to understand genetic basis controlling phenotypic variation in livestock animals.
- "Genetic analysis for several traits in chickens": Searching for chromosomal regions affecting egg production and egg quality traits. To understand genetic mechanism underlying phenotypic diversity.
- "Population genomics in livestock animals": Revealing genomic signatures of selection in each breed population. Searching for genes affecting egg production by comparing the genomic differences between high and low populations of egg production traits.
- "Genomics for animal domestication": Searching for genetic variants affecting domestication-related traits by using domestic animals and their wild ancesters.
List of current research topics
- Genetic analysis for Mendelian traits and quantitative traits in chickens
- Population genomics in livestock animals
- Genomics and genetic analyses for animal domestication
- Genetic and environmental factors for egg-taste traits in chickens
I am from Gifu city, Japan. Until now, my main research focus is genetic mapping of egg traits in chickens. My hobbies are playing soccer and running.
|Room address||General Research Building I|
|Mail address||tats.goto obihiro.ac.jp|
BelongsResearch Center for Global Agromedicine/Department of Agriculture and Animal ScienceResearch Department/Department of Life and Food Sciences/Division of Animal Production/Section of Life Science
Faculty (Unit)Animal Production Program
Grad school (Course)Doctoral and Master's Program of Animal Science and Agriculture/Animal Production Science
|Related industries||Animal production|
|Affiliated academic society||Jpanese Society of Animal Science, Japan Poultry Science Association, Japanese Society of Animal Breeding and Genetics, International Society for Animal Genetics, Society for Molecular Biology & Evolution|
|Academic background||2006: University of Miyazaki (Bachelor)
2008: Hiroshima University (Master)
2011: Hiroshima University (Ph.D.)
2011-2013: National Institute of Genetics (PostDoc)
2013-2016: Ibaraki University (PostDoc)
2016: University of Nottingham (JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow for Research Abroad)
2016-: Current position