ThemeStudy on bioresource recycling centred on compost utilization and composting technology
BelongsResearch Department/Department of Agro-environmental Science/Division of Environmental and Agricultural Engineering/Section of Environmental and Agricultural Engineering
|Field||Agricultural environmental engineering and agricultural information engineering, Environmental agriculture, Animal production science, Environmental dynamic analysis, Plant nutrition and soil science, Environmental load reduction and remediation|
|Keyword||Composting, Compost, Dairy machinery and facility, Animal Production Environment, Greenhouse gases, Biomass, Material Cycles and Waste Management|
We conduct research to create organic fertilizers (compost) from livestock manure, garbage, and other materials using the power of microorganisms, and we develop systems to make composting and dairy facilities more efficient. I cherish the soil that nurtures food crops, and I want to prevent the environmental pollution that results from inappropriate manure management, to use biomass produced from livestock manure so as to effectively circulate resources for a comfortable environment, and to establish an efficient dairy farming system that includes the appropriate use of manure. Our lab aims to develop skills and technologies for sustainable agriculture.
Our research addresses the following.
- Creating high-quality compost and discovering the functionality of compost
(Photo: A compost developed jointly with a private enterprise, and the effects of applying that compost)
- Creating an environmentally friendly composting system
(Refer to the overview and photo of the E.L.S. composting system developed jointly with private enterprises)
- Improving the comfort of cattle by using compost for bedding
(Photo: Survey on the behavior of cattle provided with compost bedding)
- Aiming to achieve a more efficient dairy farming system
- Developing composting technology that mitigates offensive odors and reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Creating a social system for resource circulation
- Creating biomass energy
To realize these goals, our lab has established a consistent research system that runs from basic research to product development and onsite dissemination.
List of current research topics
- Effect of recycle compost bedding on behavior of cattle and microbial succession.
- Study on efficiency management of composting.
- Effect of compost application on antioxidants and nitrite nitrogen of crop.
- Development of functional compost.
- Effect of compost applocation on microbial flora of soil.
- Study on microbial flora of compost producted various dairy farmer.
- Development of compostuing robot with AI.
- Study on suppression of greenhouse gases and odor emmision during composting.
- Effect of feeding system of cattle on electric power consumption in cattle barn.
- Study on life cycle assessment and economy for biomass utilization.
|Related industries||Recycle field, Livestock machinery field, Livestock field, Crop farming field|
|Affiliated academic society||The Society of gricultural Structures, Japan, Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management, Japan Society of Animal Science, The Animal Production Environment Society of Japan|
|License||Skill training course for operation of floor-operated carne, Skill training course for slinging operation, Special Education for operating vehicle type construction machines for leveling ground, Certified Assistant to Surveyor, Emergency First Response (EFR) certification, Basic Life-Saving certification, Scuba Diving certification of Rescue Diver,PADI|
I'm from Otaru, Hokkaido, and I have clarified the mechanism of composting and have developed composting systems, as well as having established high-quality compost production methods, verified the effects of their application, and evaluated how cattle use compost litter. In addition, I've studied resource recycling models involving biomass and life cycle assessment (LCA), the evaluation of economic efficiency, and energy conservation on dairy farms. These studies often require collaborative research with private enterprises, farmers and others, and we're working on a wide range studies from basic research to product development. I like triathlon (swimming, cycling and running) and scuba diving. I keep training to beat my personal records.
|Room address||General Research Building 1|
|Mail address||miyaf obihiro.ac.jp|