ThemeResearches on genetic basis controlling phenotypic variation in livestock animals
My DreamRevealing complex genetic basis of several phenotypic variation in livestock animals
Research Center for Global Agromedicine, Department of Agriculture and Animal Science
Research Department, Department of Life and Food Sciences, Division of Animal Production, Section of Life Science
Grad school (Course)
Doctoral and Master's Program of Animal Science and Agriculture, Animal Production Science
|Field of research||Animal Breeding and Genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience|
|Keyword||Genetics, Genome, Chicken, Phenotype, Variation, Genomics, Mapping, Gene, Domestication, Behavior|
Research topic is to understand genetic basis controlling phenotypic variation in livestock animals.
- "Genetic analysis for several traits in chickens": Searching for chromosomal regions affecting egg production and egg quality traits. To understand genetic mechanism underlying phenotypic diversity.
- "Population genomics in livestock animals": Revealing genomic signatures of selection in each breed population. Searching for genes affecting egg production by comparing the genomic differences between high and low populations of egg production traits.
- "Genomics for animal domestication": Searching for genetic variants affecting domestication-related traits by using domestic animals and their wild ancesters.
List of current research topics
- Genetic analysis for Mendelian traits and quantitative traits in chickens
- Population genomics in livestock animals
- Genomics and genetic analyses for animal domestication
- Genetic and environmental factors for egg-taste traits in chickens
|Related industries||Animal production|
|Affiliated academic society||Jpanese Society of Animal Science, Japan Poultry Science Association, Japanese Society of Animal Breeding and Genetics, International Society for Animal Genetics, Society for Molecular Biology & Evolution|
|Room address||General Research Building I|
|Mail address||tats.goto obihiro.ac.jp|