Since 2017, National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases (NRCPD), Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine has been promoting the project “Establishment of Tick Biobank and its application to vector biology research”.
The goal of this project is establishment of “Tick Biobank” including construction of system of identification, maintenance and supply of ticks as well as aggregation of data relating to genetic information. We are currently seeking a researcher for the project.
Specially Appointed Researcher
2. Research topics
– Establishment and maintenance of laboratory colonies of ticks
– Multi-omics analyses of ticks
– Epidemiological studies of tick-borne diseases (mainly protozoan diseases)
– Studies on tick/vector biology (e.g., oogenesis, transovarial or transstadial transmission of protozoan parasites, acaricide resistance in ticks, etc.)
– Exploring candidate molecules for novel tick vaccines
3. Qualification (Should satisfy all the following requirements)
1) A person who has a PhD by the date of scheduled employment.
2) A highly motivated person who will contribute significantly to our project (no experience in research on ticks necessary). We also welcome to a person who conversion from other research fields.
4. Number of available positions
5. Starting Date
At the earliest possible time after be employed (negotiable)
6. Term of employment
Until March 31, 2021(Annual contract (end of period on March 31 per year)).
The contract will be renewable untill March 31, 2022, depending on performance and budget.
7. Employment Status
The monthly basic salary 360,000 JPY (annual salary scheme).
Social insurance premiums required by law are deducted from your salary.
Others, in accordance with The Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine regulations.
8. Application documents
1) Curriculum vitae with an attached photo.
2) List of achievements (including presentation at the conference).
3) Selected article reprints (within three papers).
4) A summary of the past research activities and aspirations in future. (within one or two A4-sized pages, if you have a specific research plan, please describe about it in the form)
5) Names and contact information (e-mail address, phone number) of two professional references.
June 19, 2020
10. Selection Process
Document screening and Interview.
(Interview might be held online)
11. Submission of documents to:
Professor Shin-ichiro KAWAZU, Director General of National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Inada-cho, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080-8555, Japan
Tel.:+81-155-495642; Fax:+81-155-495643; e-mail:email@example.com